- How to Measure the Performance of a Site
- 7 Best WordPress Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Basic WordPress Site Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Intermediate to Advanced Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
Well, Friend lets start a topic how to WordPress Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed, If you searching these keywords " WordPress speed optimization plugin", "WordPress site optimization plugin", "WordPress site speed optimization", "WordPress speed optimization service", "speed up WordPress site plugin", "how to optimize WordPress site for google" Then this is the probably best post for you.
Is your WordPress blog performing at it’s best? How quickly does the page load? Is it sluggish? Your website’s performance is one of the key factors in ensuring that the visitors are having a good experience with your site. So I personally think it is worthwhile to spend some time tuning/optimizing the site for performance. In this article, I have listed various tips and tricks on how to speed up a WordPress Site.
Before diving into the optimization tips and tricks I recommend measuring the current performance of the site so you have some benchmarking figures to compare against after you make the changes and see how it has affected the performance.
How to Measure the Performance of a Site
1. I use the Page Speed tool from Google to measure performance and try to achieve a score of 85+ out of 100. but 75 - 85 is a good score. Page speed has a browser addon to measure the performance of a site. Page Speed analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high-performance web pages.
2. You can also use YSlow Firefox addon to measure the page load time of a site. YSlow is a Firefox add-on integrated with the Firebug web development tool. So to use YSlow you will have to get the Firebug addon and then install the YSlow addon.
The site in question takes about 23 seconds to load which is not a very good page loading time. Some optimization could help!
3. The number of database queries a web page makes to load the page has an effect on the page load time. You can use the following piece of code in the footer of your theme to find out how many database queries a page is making:
Make sure the web page is not making any unnecessary database queries.
4. You can use the website speed tester to find out how fast your site loads.
5. You can also use the stopwatch on numion.com to test how long it takes to load a webpage.
7 Best WordPress Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
Less HTTP requests
Cut down the amount of HTTP request while this will serve fast rendering of your web page. You are able to minimize HTTP request through merging files, merge CSS and merge scripts.
This is really significant as it will help to cut down the sizing of the web page and make internet site load speedier. If your internet site developed utilizing PHP then you’ll be able to place simple code at the top of the page for GZip Compression.
Step-up Browser Cache
This is an additional significant aspect that helps to cut down the web page rendering time. Expanding browser caching will serve to load your web page quicker, this act alike this whenever somebody visit your internet site browse cache entirely data of your site and for any future visit you do not need recall data once again as it is already stored in the cache. You are able to write command in you .htaccess file for browser cache.
Do not use inline cascading style sheets
Besides utilizing inline cascading style sheets make a CSS file and call up a file on all page of your site that will likewise help in repressing download speed.
Cut down page size
Take out entirely unloved tag from HTML tags and space of your HTML code.
Imperfect rendering web page
Imperfect rendering is really useful as web browser shows up whatsoever information they’ve and increasingly delay for other information to load. To go through imperfect rendering on your internet site assign your style sheet at the top of the page, therefore, web browser display bit-by-bit informative and load your internet site as soon as possible.
Basic WordPress Site Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Upgrade to the latest WordPress release (you should be doing this for security reasons anyway)
- Use W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin (Forget WP Super Cache). W3 Total Cache is just awesome… even I use it.
- Minimize simple unnecessary PHP queries. For example, instead of using <?php get_bloginfo(‘wpurl’); ?> just replace it with your WordPress installation URL so the browser can simply read it instead of making a query.
- Kill some plugins that are unnecessary or doesn’t add much value to your site (Disable or delete these plugins)
- Optimize and Repair your Database from myPhpAdmin. You can use the wp-optimize plugin that does this for you.
- Check your theme Code (Use valid HTML code)
- Get a Good hosting
Intermediate to Advanced Optimization Tips and Tricks for Better Performance and Speed
- Use a good hosting provider (preferably not shared hosting)
- Keep your page sizes less than 100kb. Do not use too many unnecessary images and video on a page. Always compress the images appropriately.
- Combine CSS files into one big CSS file (One 50kb file loads a lot faster than five 10kb files)
- Reduce the number of dynamic PHP and HTTP calls (Use subdomains to share the load)
- Use external scripts. Instead of placing tons of code in your header.php file, use external scripts. This allows the browser to cache the script so it won’t have to read it for every other page.
- Don’t use ETags unless you are taking advantage of it (How to configure ETags).
You can use the PHP speedy WordPress plugin which takes care of few of the tips mentioned above. The Plugins to Speed Up Your WordPress Site article is also a good read.
Therefore, preserve completely preceding factors in mind that will definitely help to load your internet site speedier and finally help to rank more effective in Google for your significant words.
Do share your tip to speed up a website and decrease page load time?